Re: RT : 2.6.12rc5 + realtime-preempt-2.6.12-rc5-V0.7.47-15

From: Serge Noiraud
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 03:20:18 EST

Le mar 31/05/2005 à 21:47, Lee Revell a écrit :
> On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 16:53 +0200, Serge Noiraud wrote:
> > I have a test program which made a loop in RT to mesure the system
> > perturbation.
> > It works finely in a tty environment.
> > When I run it in an X environment ( xterm ), I get something like if I
> > click the Enter key in the active window.
> > If I open a new xterm, this is the new active window which receive these
> > events.
> > These events stop when the program stop.
> >
> > I tried with X in RT and no RT : I have the problem.
>
> Try adding:
>
> Option "NoAccel"
Same problem.
I have this problem with two graphic card on three different machines :
On the fisrt one ( IBM Intellistation Mpro ) :
#lspci
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV28GL [Quadro4
980 XGL] (rev a1)
#lshw
*-pci:0
product: 82875P Processor to AGP Controller
vendor: Intel Corp.
physical id: 1
bus info: pci@00:01.0
version: 02
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: pci normal_decode bus_master
*-display UNCLAIMED
product: NV28GL [Quadro4 980 XGL]
vendor: nVidia Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@01:00.0
version: a1
size: 128MB
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: vga bus_master cap_list
resources: iomemory:f8000000-f8ffffff
iomemory:f0000000-f7ffffff irq:145

On the second machine ( IBM Intellistation Zpro ) :
#lspci
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV28GL [Quadro4
980 XGL] (rev a1)
#lshw
*-pci:0
product: E7505/E7205 PCI-to-AGP Bridge
vendor: Intel Corp.
physical id: 1
bus info: pci@00:01.0
version: 03
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: pci normal_decode bus_master cap_list
resources: iomemory:f0000000-f3ffffff
*-display
product: NV28GL [Quadro4 980 XGL]
vendor: nVidia Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@01:00.0
version: a1
size: 128MB
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: vga bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=nvidia
resources: iomemory:f8000000-f8ffffff
iomemory:e8000000-efffffff irq:201

On the third machine ( Force Computers - 2 ways ):
#lspci
00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL (rev 27)
#lshw
*-pci:0
product: CMIC-WS Host Bridge (GC-LE chipset)
vendor: ServerWorks
physical id: 100
bus info: pci@00:00.0
version: 13
clock: 33MHz
*-display UNCLAIMED
product: Rage XL
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
physical id: 5
bus info: pci@00:05.0
version: 27
size: 16MB
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga bus_master cap_list
resources: iomemory:fb000000-fbffffff ioport:1000-10ff
iomemory:fc000000-fc000fff irq:9

> to the Driver section of your X config.
>
> Some buggy video drivers can stall the PCI bus for tens or hundreds of
> *milliseconds*. The "via" driver had this problem until I identified
> the problem and the Unichrome guys fixed it. If it goes away with
> "NoAccel", then you are having the same problem.
>
> For details search the unichrome-devel archives for "losing interrupts".
I'll look at this :
Dragging window in X causes soundcard interrupts to be lost

They play with the mouse.
In my case, I do nothing. I launch the test then wait. I have <Enter