Re: [OT] mailing list management

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 06:20:50 EST

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:

> Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:13:14 +0200
> From: Lukasz Stelmach <stlman@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: LKML <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Greetings Everyone.
> Let me share with you my idea to make writing to this list kind of
> easier. Several times I have happened to send replies to e-mails on this
> list directly to their authors instead of the list. I suggest
> (re)placing any Reply-To headers in incoming letters with Reply-To:

Please don't do this. Just use "Reply to all"... If you start messing up
who send the mail. I sometimes send emails to LKML from work, and
naturally I put my home email addr. in Reply-To: so people who respond
send their reply to a location where I'll actually see it.. Also when I'm
travelling I may send mails from locations I'll never re-visit and use
temporary addresses (or other peoples addresses), without being able to
set Reply-To: properly, I'd never get the replies.

There are lots of other good reasons not to do this. I'd suggest you read
this link : http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

--
Jesper Juhl