Bill Gates and the penguim

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 08:23:47 EST

William Gates died and went directly to Hell. The devil met him to
welcome him home. "Hello Bill!" said the devil, "We've been expecting
you and have prepared a special place. Sorry you tripped on the penguin
and broke your neck but I'm sure you will find your stay here very
enjoyable."

The devil then gave Mr. Gates a large laboratory with lots of gigahertz
computers, file-servers, fiber-optic links, and even a disk farm that
required a 200 amp service to run.

There were thousands of different kinds of compilers, assemblers, and
other tools. There was even a super-server running Red-Hat Linux,
containing all the GNU tools.

The devil said; "Well Bill, have a good time. I'll be checking with you
from time-to-time just to see how you are doing!"

In about a week the devil stopped by Bill's lab to see how he was
doing. He said; "Everything is fine. I never had such good equipment
when I was on earth. I'm even planning to join the Linux-kernel list."

Another week went by and the devil visited Bill again. "How are you
doing?" the devil asked.

"Fine.", said Bill, "I have a question, though...."

"Yes?" said the devil.

Bill replied; "I can ping the vger server, I can even `traceroute` to
my old Microsoft site. Everything seems to work, but I can't make any
connections! Every time I attempt to connect, I get an error --
connection refused --." "What's wrong here?"

"That", said the devil "is the HELL of it!"

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.11.9 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.