Re: [OT] mailing list management

From: Paul Jakma
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 08:28:38 EST

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:

I prefere, and I do it, explicit asking for a CC.

No need - set a Reply-To to point back at the list.

Reply-To isn't ideal, primarily because of dumb MUAs, but it works. There ought to be a better way to indicate this preference, but there isn't unfortunately.

And direct replying generates more traffic.

ROFL. Direct replies are miniscule compared to regular list traffic which itself is less than the traffic generated by spam.

I started this thread because I never liked to receive personal duplicates of mails sent to lists. That is why I decided to ask you for your opinion.

Use Reply-To -> list luke.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@xxxxxxxx paul@xxxxxxxxx Key ID: 64A2FF6A