Re: 2.6.12-rc5-mm2

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 10:15:37 EST

Hi, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.12-rc5/2.6.12-rc5-mm2/
>>

>> - Dropped bk-acpi.patch. Too old, too much breakage.
>>
>> - A few more subsystem trees have moved to using git
>
> Have you considered publishing -mm using git?
>
> I guess your workflow prevents you from really using git, but even just
> publishing releases using git would be great.
>
> (Just now I'm tracking Linus with my tree. git makes that quite easy.
> Tracking -mm is ugly manual work with diff, patch and ketchup...)

I have written a script (actually a leftover from the mm-to-BK import
days) that pulls -mm into git as individual commits.

Andrew: Could you prefix the patches you pull from git with this
line:

GIT SHA1-of-their-top-commit URL-of-their-archive

so that I can annotate the commits with an appropriate second parent?

If you never do any changes oon top of -mm, but only merge with it (or
them), then this works out quite well.

--
Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- -