Re: External USB2 HDD affects speed hda

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 13:55:06 EST

Mark Lord wrote:

Look at "cat /proc/interrupts" and see if the USB is sharing
an IRQ line with ide0. If so, then the best explanation I can
see is that the USB driver must have a *really slow* interrupt
handler up to the point where it determines that the interrupt
is not for it.

No, that's not it. Both ide0 (14) and EHCI (3) are on private, unshared IRQs. rmmodding ehci_hcd as per Pavel's sugestion gets me back my speed. Exactly _why_ I've no idea though. I've just added you to the CC on that reply...

Rene.