Re: RT patch breaks X86_64 build

From: Michal Schmidt
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 13:05:26 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
hm, it does work for me. I had trouble in the past with gcc & mcount on x64. This version seems to work fine for me:

gcc version 3.4.0 20040129 (Red Hat Linux 3.4.0-0.3)

I could not find this exact version, so I downloaded gcc34-3.4.0-1.x86_64.rpm from Fedora Core 2, converted it do .deb with alien, installed it and made a symlink gcc -> gcc34. gcc --version says:
gcc (GCC) 3.4.0 (Red Hat Linux 3.4.0-1)

I did "make mrproper", copied back your .config, enabled LATENCY_TRACE and rebuilt the kernel.
init still segfaults.

It would be good to hear about other people's experiences with LATENCY_TRACE on amd64. Am I the only one for whom it breaks?

Michal