OHCI driver have problems with USB 2.0 memory devices

From: Dag Nygren
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 12:29:33 EST

Hi,

just installed 2.6.11.11 on a single board computer using
a SGS Thomson integrated USB controller and found that
inserting a USB 2.0 stick generated a "IRQ INTR_SF lossage"
message and further lockup of the driver. Ie. a cat of
/proc/bus/usb/devices will freeze the cat process.

Using a USB 1.1 stick works fine.

At the moment I don't have any logs to send you as the device
is not connected to anything.

One thing to consider is that the 2.0 stick was formatted without
a partition table and the 1.1 had partitions.

I don't mind being unable to use the 2.0 stick, but the freezing of the
driver shouldn't happen. Now a reboot is needed after a 2.0 stick has
been inserted to clear the situation.

Please tell me what logs you need and I will try to provide them to you.

Best from Finland
Dag