Re: Did anyone try (Logitech/Microsoft) bluetooth keyboard and mouse on Linux?

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 13:40:28 EST

On Thursday 02 Jun 2005 17:37, Ananda Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone try Logitech/Microsoft wireless keyboard
> and mouse on Linux? If so, please let me have the
> details of the driver you used and the details of the
> keyboard/mouse (model number, brand etc.,). Thanks.

Ananda,

These devices should work fine with the standard drivers.

Make sure you configure your X server for the keyboard's extended protocol
(mine is "microsoftinet", most Logitech keyboards are compatible with this).
This will allow you (automatically) to use the extended access keys. KDE
certainly supports this automatically, I have no doubt GNOME does too (at
least!).

Your mouse's buttons should all be mappable with the standard "ExplorerPS/2"
or "usb" mouse protocols in X. Like the windows drivers, you can configure
special buttons or keys to perform just about any task you like.

I hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.