rmap patches for 2.4.30(or 31)

From: Masoud Sharbiani
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 17:54:23 EST

Hello Rik,

It seems that I have successfully hacked 2.4.25 rmap patch so that it applies cleanly to 2.4.30 (that is, it compiles, boots and runs great under normal conditions); How would I go for testing it and stress testing it? It does survive the make -j of kernel (with lots of swap), but, when I want to try and run ltp tests, it goes to a bad mood (i.e. swapping out massively at first, then a dead silence)

Here is my ltp test run command:
./runltplite.sh -i 1024 -m 128 -p -q -l /tmp/result-rmap -d /home/0tmp/
It ends up forking a lot of loadgen processes that simply allocate memory and use it (and CPU), so the system becomes unresponsive; It also starts killing processes since it runs out of memory. I don't see any hangs or panics, and the system responds to pings and Keyboard dump commands, such as right-Alt+Scroll lock and similar ones, and looks it is spending most of its time in page_launder() or thereabouts, swap and physical memory both become full.
How do you test the rmap patches for correctness before offering them to the people out there?
The patch is available from http://masoud.ir/patches/2.4.30-rmap15.patch

Thanks in advance,
Masoud Sharbiani