Re: Stable 2.6.x.y kernel series...

From: Grant Coady
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 18:12:34 EST

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:43:59 -0400, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>(because it's Friday, the time to yammer about such things...)
>

>Just wanted to say in public that I think the stable 2.6.x.y kernel
>series is working out quite well. Kudos to the stable@xxxxxxxxxx team
>for a job well done.
>
>The 2.6.x.y series is definitely filling a needed niche.

For slackware users too (no distro kernel fixes), this is first time
I switch a couple boxen to 2.6 series full time. Compared to running
the late 2.3.99 - early 2.4 years ago (on redhat6.2) where one
switched between main or -ac depending on current stability :)

Back when Jeff fiddling with tulips?

--Grant.