Re: Bizarre oops after suspend to RAM (was: Re: [ACPI] Resume from Suspend to RAM)

From: Stefan DÃsinger
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 08:34:45 EST

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2005 11:06 schrieb Matthew Garrett:
> Whoops. May have been a bit too hasty there. I'm not sure why that
> doesn't reset it, but we've now got the following (really rather odd)
> serial output. Does anyone have any idea what might be triggering this?
> Shell builtins work fine, but anything else seems to explode very
> messily. Memory corruption of some description?

<snip>
So it does reach the kernel, right? I don't know if I remembered that call
correctly, but "lcall $0xffff,$0" should call the real mode BIOS reset
code...
Anyone else who can correct me here?

Perhaps the disk driver is going mad? Has anyone tried to boot a kernel
without any disk drivers with a minimal root system on an initrd?

Cheers,
Stefan