Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, plist fixes

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 09:58:08 EST

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> But indeed it could improve interactivity (but this has not been proven
> yet) - and also for testing purposes it would sure be useful, so we
> should perhaps make ALL_TASKS_PI default-on, as Daniel suggests. If that
> is done then plists are indeed a superior solution. But if in the end we
> decide to only include RT tasks in the PI mechanism (which could easily
> happen) then there seems to be little practical difference between
> sorted lists and plists.

The biggest reason that I suggest this is because when I wrote the
abstracted PI I gave the user of the API the choice to do RT tasks only or
all tasks. In the case of fusyn or futex , they will do all tasks .. Once
you throw in one structure that does all tasks , they may as well all be
doing it. Or that's how I feel.

Daniel