Inspiron 6000 / ACPI S3 / PCI-X problems?

From: Michael (Micksa) Slade
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 13:33:43 EST

I think this is my first ever post to l-k.

I'm scared.

I've been trying desperately to get suspend-to-ram working on my new inspiron 6000.

So far, the patch at

http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/5/23/116

Got the hard disk working after resume, and at least the b44 ethernic keeps working, but the display doesn't. No amount of vbetool voodoo seems to bring it back up

Turns out the PCI config for the card gets trashed:

http://knobbits.org/archived/2005-06/lspci-i6000-before
http://knobbits.org/archived/2005-06/lspci-i6000-after

It's an ATI radeon M300, on a PCI-X bridge I think.

Is this a kernel issue or an X issue? I vaguely recall some pci config save/restore hack floating around somewhere, should I try that?

This is ubuntu breezy, using xorg and kernel image 2.6.11.93-1.1

Mick.