Mousedev or hiddev problem, was: Re: USB mice do not work on 2.6.12-rc5-git9,-rc5-mm1, -rc5-mm2

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 16:53:58 EST

Hi,

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:
All the -bk7+ kernels I tried produced the same strange bug
on my system: after gpm started I was able to move the
pointer on the screen but when X started up, it's pointer froze.

it turned out that there is nothing wrong with USB on my system.

But someone broke the /dev/input/mouseX <-> USB mouse interaction
in 2.6.11-bk7 and my two-headed system with two X servers were
manually set up to use the distinct mouse devices so the two heads
do not interfere.

No wonder gpm works, it reads /dev/input/mice. Starting only
one X and using /dev/input/mice I found no problems. Setting it
back to /dev/input/mouse0, the mouse pointer is dead again.

Someone deserves a mousebite...

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi