Re: Advices for a lcd driver design. (suite)

From: moreau francis
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 03:06:42 EST

--- Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi!
>

> > I posted an email 1 month ago because I was looking for advices to design
> > a driver for a lcd device (128x64 pixels) with a t6963c controller.
>
> Ugh, whats wrong with standard handling via framebuffer?

well I already looked at framebuffers and choose to not use them because
t6963c controller does not have a frame buffer memory that can be accessed
by using mmap. It must be accessed through data write commands. So I decided
to not use them in order to save code space and speed up things.

am I wrong in my choice ?

> > I have finally choosen a console implementation to interact with the lcd.
> It
> > allows me to reuse code that deals with escape character or to start a
> getty on
> > it. Unfortunately this implemenatation doens't support lcd's graphical
> mode.
> > So I wrote another small driver that can be accessed through "/dev/lcd". It
> > drives the lcd only in graphical mode. That means that a "echo foo >
> /dev/lcd"
> > command won't work as expected.
>
> Look at framebuffer, that's what you want. See for example vesafb.

Does frame buffer have such mechanism ? if so could you point me the code that
handles it ?

cheers,

Francis