Re: fdomain SCSI driver broken in 2.6 series?

From: Christian Trefzer
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 15:18:35 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
I did a bit of cleanup on it during 2.5 to get it to compile and look
right, and it did work for a while when I had the card, but the scsi
changed a lot after that. You are the first fdomain user I've seen in
years so I suspect you are on your own for fixing it too tho I can try
and help a bit.

Guess I'm the only person insane enough to try and build a DSL router based on 2.6 with ancient SCSI disks on an ISA controller, but I just can't live without some of the features anymore which 2.4 still lacks.

In the meantime, I worked around the Oops by using a tiny disk on the onboard IDE controller, but I wouldn't quite call removing the card a fix for the problem.

The thing is, I have no real experience in C programming, although I sometimes read a little kernel source code and stuff. Right now I have a bit of trouble with my studies, but once that's settled I can do some reading about SCSI, Linux, the works. Doesn't seem to be anyone using 2.6 with Future Domain cards anyway, so I'm not in a hurry. But just for completeness, it would be nice to have that driver cleaned up. It's in Linux' tree, after all. I'll build a testing box with ISA bus some time soon and try some debugging.

Thanks for your time : )