Re: Kernel 2.6.12-rc6-mm1 & Chelsio driver

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 13:52:57 EST

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:33:09AM -0700, Scott Bardone wrote:
> You can download the N210/N110 (ver 2.1.1) from the Chelsio website and use
> that driver for the T110 with a newer kernel. I have tested that driver up to
> the 2.6.11 kernel release. It will provide you NIC mode functinoality on your
> T110 TOE card, you can use it as a module, or try to patch it into a later
> kernel. If patching it into a kernel, you may need to modify the patch a bit.

Thanks, however, without CONFIG_CHELSIO_T1_OFFLOAD card is not detected (no
wonder, driver enables T110 card only if offload is used). I do not need TCP
offload engine. With T1 Offload it cannot be compiled - it reject
cxgbtoe-2.1.1-linux-2.6.6-toe_api.patch

So, do I really need Offloading in kernel or should it work with just enableing
card in sources even without Offloading?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek