Re: Advices for a lcd driver design. (suite)

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 14:39:49 EST

moreau francis napisaÅ(a):

>>I think the "buffer" could be shadowed in kernel and updated
>> periodically.
> Ok I can try using frame buffer, but I'm afraid to use such code for such
> small graphic device.
[...]
> Do you know if I can find an example in kernel code for such implementation ?

I am afraid I don't know much about fb internals. I haven't used it much
as a user nor written any fb code.

>>Yes and no. No because framebuffer is about drawing graphics not text
>>and yest for there is fbcon console driver on top of the framebuffer. At
>>least AFAIK.
>
> does that mean once there is fbcon console driver set up on top of framebuffer
> I can't use anymore /dev/fb for drawing graphics ?

Of course not! :) As I stated I haven't used fb much but I have ran
mplayer right on top of the content of the output of "ls -l /dev".

Try to find something in:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/video/console/fbcon.c

--
ByÅo mi bardzo miÅo. Trzecia pospolita klÄska, [...]