Re: [linux-pm] Re: swsusp: Not enough free pages

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 16:43:17 EST

Hi,

On Wednesday, 8 of June 2005 18:27, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

]--snip--[

> > This is the worst result from the second box:
> >
> > Freeing memory... done (54641 pages freed)
> > Freeing memory... done (0 pages freed)
> > Freeing memory... done (5120 pages freed)
> > Freeing memory... done (1952 pages freed)
> > Freeing memory... done (2304 pages freed)
> >
> > Still, there are 5x more pages freed in the first pass (80% of RAM was
> > empty anyway before suspend), and usually it is 10-20x more or so.
>
> I have seen 0 freed on i386 machine with preempt -rc6-mm1, today...
> Something is definitely wrong there.

Well, I have compiled the kernel with preempt and retested (on -rc6) but it
doesn't want to get worse. :-)

The problem seems to be arch-dependent or at least configuration-dependent ...

Hm, how much RAM is there in your box?

Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.