Re: [RFC] SPI core

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 12:43:09 EST

Hi,

On 6/9/05, Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> New files can choose any style.

Sure they can but hopefully they choose a style that make sense.
Putting EXPORT_SYMBOLs immediately after function definition makes
most sense to me. You can immediately see if a function is exported or
not plus you can get listing of all symbols with grep. So there's
really no good reason why you should put them at the end of a file
(and one good reason to put them after definition).

You are right, though, that authors and maintainers decide what style
they use. I only provide suggestions and hope for the best ;).

Pekka