framebuffer driver for an LCD display

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 04:38:01 EST

moreau francis napisaÅ(a):
> --- Lukasz Stelmach <stlman@xxxxxxxxx> a Ãcrit :
>
>>Try to find something in:
>>/usr/src/linux/drivers/video/console/fbcon.c
>
> hmm I already looked at it...and I can't find out an answer to my initial
> question: can a process which is using a fb console prevent another process
> for accessing /dev/fb ?

I don't know.

If I understand it correctly thie situation can be described like this

GFX hardware
-----+------

---+---
fb
+-------+
| |
fbcon mplayer
/ \
vcs1 vcs2
tty1
bash

So I belive there might be no way for bash to prevent mplayer from
running. Please someone who knows more about framebuffer divers
correct me because quite probably I'am wrong.

--
ByÅo mi bardzo miÅo. Trzecia pospolita klÄska, [...]