Re: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

From: Eric Piel
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 18:31:38 EST

06/11/2005 01:04 AM, Paul E. McKenney wrote/a Ãcrit:
Just a small change to "1 - QoS":

b. For each service:

i. Probability of missing a deadline due to software,
ranging from 0 to 1, with the value of 1 corresponding
to the hardest possible hard realtime.

I think it should be (by reference to how you define probability at the beginning of the section):
Probability of not missing any deadline due to software

Good catch! How about the following?

i. Probability of meeting a deadline due to software,
ranging from 0 to 1, with the value of 1 corresponding
to the hardest possible hard realtime.

Changing "missing" in the original to "meeting".

It sounds strange to me (but english is not my mother tongue), it's like hardware was not so good but software helped to recover the situation and, eventually, the deadline was met ;-)

What about using the way you wrote it at the beginning of the section:
"Probability of missing a deadline only because of a hardware failure"

Eric