Re: BUG: Unusual TCP Connect() results.

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 09:42:08 EST

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:34:05PM +0000, Alastair Poole wrote:
> Should something be down to change this new behaviour to that of older
> kernels? Or is this a feature that should stay?

As David said, the simultaneous connect has always been there. The new
behaviour you observe might be the fact that the source port allocator
sometimes returns an address which is identical to the destination, and
that can seem somewhat strange. But I don't know if it's a new behaviour
or if it never showed up before because of race conditions.

Willy