Re: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 15:03:02 EST

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 07:48:39PM -0400, Karim Yaghmour wrote:
> Let me clarify what I say above to make it clear that linux/hard-rt
> and include/linux-hrt/ could/would include a merged PREEMPT_RT, adeos, and
> rtai-fusion. The combo patch put together by Philippe (which includes both
> PREEMPT_RT and adeos) is already a good start in that direction. Like we
> said earlier, both methods are not mutually exclusive.

FWIW I definitely agree that merging PREEMPT_RT design and nanokernel
design in a single RT kernel makes lots of sense, and this confirms my
original belief that preempt-RT and nanokernel are orthogonal and they
don't cover the same domain of RT apps (or they'd overlap completely and
it would be pointless to have them at the same time in the same kernel
to use them at the same time).