Re: AHCI chipset for AMD64

From: Florian Engelhardt
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 13:04:24 EST

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:09:46 -0400
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Florian Engelhardt wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there right now a mainboard on the market,
> > which has an ahci capable sata-controller
> > for an amd64 CPU?
> > It looks to me like the only chip that is a ahci
> > chip is the via vt8251, but i couldn__t find
> > a mainboard for amd64 cpu__s with that chip.
>
> Specifically AMD64?
>
> The current Intel EM64T computers ship with AHCI.

Sorry, but i forgot to ask one technical question about AHCI.
Will every AHCI capable controller be supported, for example
this chipset:
http://www.vitalitycomputer.com/msirsamd64so.html

--
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous"
David Bradley, who invented the (in)famous ctrl-alt-del key combination