Re: Fwd: hpet patches

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 18:38:05 EST

On 6/14/05, Pallipadi, Venkatesh <venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HPET device itself can be there. But, it can appear in different
> addresses. Most commonly used address is 0xfed00000. But, it can be
> different as well.

Does Intel build different versions of something like an 82801EB with
the HPET at different addresses and still have the same part number?
For a specific part number/PCI ID isn't HPET always in the same place?
If the HPET is going to be in a different place I would expected the
chip would have a different PCI ID.

I would think that the ACPI fixup table would look something like:
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH4, hpet_ich4_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH4M, hpet_ich4m_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH5, hpet_ich5_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH6, hpet_ich6_fixup)

hpet_ich4_fixup()
{
hpet_address = 0xfed00000; or whatever
}
hpet_ich4m_fixup()
{
hpet_address = 0xfed00000; or whatever
}
hpet_ich5_fixup()
{
hpet_address = 0xfed00000; or whatever
}
hpet_ich6_fixup()
{
hpet_address = 0xfed00000; or whatever
}

or something like:
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH4, hpet_ich4_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH4M, hpet_ich4m_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH5, hpet_standard_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH6, hpet_standard_fixup)
ACPI_FIXUP(INTEL, ICH6M, hpet_standard_fixup)
with one line for each chip (less than 10?) that Intel has released
containing an HPET.

hpet_standard_fixup()
{
hpet_address = 0xfed00000;