Re: Problem found: kaweth fails to work on 2.6.12-rc[456]

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 11:40:15 EST

Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > I meant I didn't know the name to number translation.
>
> Sorry, ENOENT.

Ok.

> > For the next tests, I think it would be best to remove the 3 printks I added
> > to show beginning, u->status, and ending. Spews too much stuff =)
>
> Please do so and try removing and reattaching the cable.

I removed the printks that were spewing lines that are now no longer useful.
I left the ones that are in the block for the if statement. There is no
change when I unplug and replug the ethernet cable. The link light on the
device does go off. Is it possible that the hardware cannot report link
state?