Re: tg3 in 2.6.12-rc6 and Cisco PIX SMTP fixup

From: Alejandro Bonilla
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 20:27:48 EST

Lars Roland wrote:

On 6/17/05, Christian Kujau <evil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lars Roland schrieb:

It does not seams to be limited to braodcom cards. 3com and Intel e100
cards does the exact same stunt on kernels never than 2.6.8.1. Intel
e1000 and realtek 8139 cards do however work.

hm - tricky, i think. because no kernel oopses, nothing to look at in the
syslog (yes?),

Nothing anywhere, even tcpdump just seams to get cut off - I have not
been debugging ethernet drivers for years, getting a little rusty at
that, so nothing there yet.

various nic drivers affected, others not...in cases like
these only Documentation/BUG-HUNTING comes to my mind: if 2.6.8.1 works,
and 2.6.12-rc6 does not, we'll need to find out the kernelversion which
introduced this behaviour.

That I can give you, kernel 2.6.8.1 works but 2.6.9 does not (at least
not with tg3 and tulip cards).

Regards.

Lars Roland

one question,

Can I know what is the problem? I have 2 tg3 adapters, lots of e100's and some Cisco PIX and devices.

I can try to reproduce it and see if anyone has something to say about it.

Let me know,

.Alejandro