Re: why does fsync() on a tmpfs directory give EINVAL?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 09:29:57 EST

Hugh Dickins wrote:

No need to check the list: any filesystem using simple_dir_operations
is using dcache_readdir, which implies there's no storage to be synced.
And we all agree that success is a more helpful retval than -EINVAL
when there's nothing for fsync to do. Here's a patch if you haven't
done it already....

Thanks for the input. I wasn't positive the change would be benign, so I was waiting for the discussion to resolve itself.

Chris