Re: tg3 in 2.6.12-rc6 and Cisco PIX SMTP fixup

From: Alejandro Bonilla
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 19:26:29 EST

Lars Roland wrote:

On 6/18/05, Lincoln Dale <ltd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

there _was_ a bug in the Cisco PIX whereby it cleared TCP window-scaling
bits.
this can be tracked through cisco bug-id CSCdy29514.

this was fixed back in August 2002 with the fix incorporated into PIX
software releases 6.1.5 and 6.2.3 and later.
any 'recent' (i.e. last 2.5 years) releases don't have this problem.
(or, at least, we don't think so..).

I have identified two firewalls with this problem and both of then are
running PIX software version 6.3.4 - I have not yet managed to
persuade there respective admins to update to 7.0.1 (or 6.3.4.115) -
so until then I am just turning window-scaling off.

If you have a Cisco contract, you need to make sure that your account manager will allow the upgrades.

But as I said before, this was fixed long time ago.

I hope you can upgrade soon.

.Alejandro

Regards.

Lars Roland