Re: 2.6.12 udev hangs at boot

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 14:54:31 EST

On 6/20/05, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:00:08PM +0100, Nick Warne wrote:
> > On Monday 20 June 2005 18:34, you wrote:
> >
> > > As for working with people's boxes, only the very oldest versions of
> > > udev (like the reported 030 version which is a year old and I do not
> > > think shipped by any distro) would have the "lockup" issue. On all of
> > > the other ones, only custom rules written by users would have issues
> > > (meaning, not work). I do not know of any shipping, supported distro
> > > that currently has a boot lockup issue (if so, please let me know.)
> >
> > It appears the issue people are seeing is with Slack 10, which shipped with
> > udev 0.26 - and I presume there was 'custom' rules Patrick had built in.
>
> Ick. Hm, there's not been any updates for slack since then? (note,
> there was no 0.26 release, there are no '.' in udev releases.)

There has been updates since then.
There's been a newer stable Slackware release since 10.0. Slackware
10.1 was released on 2005-02-06 and ships udev 050.
Slackware-current (the unstable/development branch) is currently using udev 054.
Both the udev 050 and udev 054 Slackware packages should install fine
on a Slackware 10.0 box as far as I can see. So people just need to
upgrade their distro, or at least the udev bit of it :)
I'm running Slackware-current here with udev 054 and everything is just fine.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>