Re: Linux-2.6.12

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 06:39:10 EST

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Dave Jones wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 06:32:32AM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> Bullshit. The source is available to anybody who wants it.

Great. Then please explain why you pull off this kind of crap..
(DataLink/license.c)

Because it's true.

//
// This program may be distributed under the GNU Public License
// version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
// 59 Temple Place, Suite 330 Boston, MA, 02111.
//
//
#ifndef __KERNEL__
#define __KERNEL__
#endif
#ifndef MODULE
#define MODULE
#endif
#include <linux/module.h>
#if defined(MODULE_LICENSE)
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL\0 They won't allow GPL/BSD anymore!");
#endif

> It's worthless without fiber-optic data-link boards that it
> supports.

That's not the point. I've not had the hardware for 99% of
the drivers I've hacked on over the last 10 years.

btw, I realise you're trying to make a point, but you don't
need to send any further 900K tarballs to the list. An URL
would suffice.

Dave

The company doesn't allow any access from the outside world. You
can get only what I can send you and I do it at my peril because
the IT Nazis might catch me.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.