Re: Linux-2.6.12

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 06:46:22 EST

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Dave Jones wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:17:55AM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> >> Bullshit. The source is available to anybody who wants it.
> >Great. Then please explain why you pull off this kind of crap..
> >(DataLink/license.c)
> Because it's true.

kernel/module.c:1259 disagrees with you.

static inline int license_is_gpl_compatible(const char *license)
{
return (strcmp(license, "GPL") == 0
}

> >MODULE_LICENSE("GPL\0 They won't allow GPL/BSD anymore!");

AFAICS, this is just plain deception. I suggest reading
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108304056922350&w=2
especially the part about talking to lawyers.

Dave

At the time the work-around was inserted it was FACT. I don't
spend my time rewriting license strings to accommodate the
whims of the latest GPL fanatic, thank you.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.