RE: PCMCIA: Statically linked CF card driver?

From: kus Kusche Klaus
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 05:23:30 EST

> From: Dominik Brodowski [mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Hi,
>
> - use 2.6.12-mm1, and build all you need into the kernel
> - in drivers/pcmcia/ds.c , remove the following block:
>
> /* also, FUNC_ID matching needs to be
> activated by userspace
> * after it has re-checked that there is no
> possible module
> * with a prod_id/manf_id/card_id match.
> */
> if (!dev->allow_func_id_match)
> return 0;
>
> - it should(tm) work then... though I haven't and can't try it myself.

Thanks, I'll try it.

> > * Any chance to boot from it?
>
> > * It would be nice to be able to replace the CF
> > without rebooting.
>
> I'm not sure whether these two aspects exclude each other.

We don't need them at the same time:

* Usually, the system boots from flash,
and the CF is used for data transfer
(and hence should be changeable).

* In case of emergency (when the system in flash got messed up),
or for the first-time flash,
it would be nice to be able to boot from CF.
In that case, the CF will not be removed in flight!

--
Klaus Kusche (Software Development - Control Systems)
KEBA AG Gewerbepark Urfahr, A-4041 Linz, Austria (Europe)