Re: namespace question

From: Mike Waychison
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 11:29:22 EST

cspalletta@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't believe the following to be an error, but I am curious how it occurs:

Running a kernel module which uses d_path iteratively over the mnt_mountpoint members of the vfsmount structures which hang off of current->namespace->list, I get a curious doubling of the mount point names:

rootfs / rootfs
/dev2/root2 / ext3
proc /proc/proc proc
sysfs /sys/sys sysfs
devpts /dev/pts/dev/pts devpts
tmpfs /dev/shm/dev/shm tmpfs
/dev/hda1 /boot/boot ext2
usbfs /proc/bus/usb/bus/usb usbfs

Is there any simple explanation? I have cross-checked and it appears _not_ be be an artifact of my programming, and I have no CLONE_NEWNS processes. Using the same algorithm with mnt_root produces correct results.

The code follows:

char *path;
namespace = current-> namespace
down_read(&namespace->sem);
list_for_each_entry(vfsmnt_ptr,&namespace->list,mnt_list) {
mount = mntget(vfsmnt_ptr);
dentry = dget(vfsmnt_ptr->mnt_mountpoint);

should be:

dentry = dget(vfsmnt_ptr->mnt_root);

device = vfsmnt_ptr->mnt_devname ? vfsmnt_ptr->mnt_devname : "none";

path = d_path(dentry, mount, buf, PAGE_SIZE);
error = PTR_ERR(path);
if(IS_ERR(path)) {
dput(dentry);
mntput(mount);
goto out;
}

fstype = vfsmnt_ptr->mnt_sb->s_type->name;
printk("%s\t%s\t%s\n",device,path,fstype);
---

$ uname -a
Linux nectarsys 2.6.10-1-k7 #1 Fri Mar 11 03:13:32 EST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

Mike Waychison