cryptoapi compression modules & JFFSx

From: Kluba, Patrik
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 15:01:55 EST

Hi everybody,

I'm going to port JFFS2's compression modules to CryptoApi except {in|de}flate, which Artem is working(?) on.
I've noticed that the pcompress thing (slen <-> *slen and partial compression which about a discussion was on the list) is in Herbert's repository. Does it mean that it will get into the kernel once? I just would like to be sure whether should I implement pcompress or not.

The second thing is that we would like to use CryptoApi from user space. This way it won't be necessary to reimplement compression algorithms in user space filesystem image creation programs (mkfs.jffsx), and it would make using & distributing closed-source proprietary compression methods easier.
There's a patch at http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/cryptodev/, written by Michal Ludvig, which adds a /dev/crypto device for this purpose, as on *BSD. Is there a chance that this can get into the kernel?

Regards,

Patrik Kluba