Re: [ltp] Re: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 16:28:50 EST

> Someone else mentioned SoftIce, which appears to cost more than 0USD,
> so I'm not going to get and try that right away. Are there any other
> low-cost methods of getting detailed information about the hardware as
> it's initialized and used?
>
> -Andy

If you have 2 machines with FireWire ports - The kernel debugger that comes with Windows DDK is also very easy to use and quite useful for such things( at least that's what I found last time when I was having nausea from ndiswrapper :).

Windows DDK is not downloadable for free but it's very cheap to order a CD (~ 9USD IIRC).

Parag