[RFC] bind and unbind drivers from userspace through sysfs

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 00:18:38 EST

Now that we have the internal infrastructure of the driver model
reworked so the locks aren't so global and imposing, it's possible to
bind and unbind drivers from devices from userspace with only a very
tiny ammount of code.

adds unbind functionality. I've added these to my trees and should show
up in the next -mm releases. Comments appreciated.

Oh, and yes, we still need a way to add new device ids to drivers from
sysfs, like PCI currently has. I'll be working on that next.

Even so, with these two patches, people should be able to do things that
they have been wanting to do for a while (like take over the what driver
to what device logic in userspace, as I know some distro installers
really want to do.)

thanks,

greg k-h