Re: SMP+irq handling broken in current git?

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 05:19:09 EST

On Thu, Jun 23 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Jens Axboe wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Something strange is going on with current git as of this morning (head
> >ee98689be1b054897ff17655008c3048fe88be94). On an old test box (dual p3
> >800MHz), using the same old config I always do on this box has very
> >broken interrupt handling:
>
> Does 2.6.12 work for you?
> 2.6.11?
>
> I noticed a few "2.6.12 is broken, 2.6.11 works" bug reports with
> vaguely similar circumstances -- irq handling being a culprit.

To follow up on this on the list, the culprit appears to be the attached
string.h update introduced between -rc3 and -rc4. Backing it out makes
the kernel work, making it clobber memory (as suggested by Linus) makes
it work as well.

The failed test was in mpparse.c, it didn't recognise the pci bus.

--
Jens Axboe