Re: Mismatched suspend2 interfaces == Suspend was aborted

From: Andrew Haninger
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 00:49:26 EST

On 6/25/05, Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Assuming you compiled LZF cryptoapi support in and want to use it, the
> right thing to do is edit your hibernate.conf (probably in
> /etc/hibernate) and add the lines:
>
> ProcSetting compressor lzf
> ProcSetting disable_encryption 1
I saw the note about this on suspend2.net but, for whatever reason,
read it as "add this to your hibernate script." So I incorrectly added
the above lines to /usr/local/sbin/hibernate. Durrr.

> If you haven't compiled lzf in, you'll need to include the module in an
> initrd/initramfs and load it before doing echo >
> /proc/software_suspend/do_resume in the script, so compiling in is the
> simpler option.
I think I had compiled lzh as a module so this was also causing
problems. Since I compiled lzh (and some of the others that looked
like fun) into the kernel and added the above lines to
/etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf, hibernation seems to be working better.
I'll have to play with it some more so it breaks.

> Hope this helps.
Unfortunately, it did.

Thanks.

-Andy