Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Bob R. Taylor
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 11:47:26 EST

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 23:15, Hans Reiser wrote:

> I would develop for BSD instead if they were anywhere near Linux in
> marketshare. These attitudes, when the BSD guys had them, were why I
> chose Linux over BSD to develop for. Now Linux has the market share,
> and they act like the old BSD guys used to. Sad. Somebody else will
> come along and challenge Linux someday. I wonder if Apple is a better
> social environment for developers these days than Linux? It would be
> fun to work with Steve Jobs, he has such a sense of vision and a delight
> in new things. He hires good people too; Dominic Giampaolo is really
> sharp.

I hate to jump in here but this is just too much!

Hans, I remember well the bellyaching you did when you insisted on the
Linux developers merging Reiserfs V1 into the kernel. Did you not learn
from *that* experience? You have taken *some* criticism here which may
*not* have been flames at you until you flamed *first*. You have been
told by at least 2 developers here what you must do *first* before
consideration of merging V4. As of this writing YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED!
You obviously have not even read all articles posted here. When Jeff
Garzik said "I've already listed two rather large technical reasons."
You answered "They are?". You just continue your insane bickering, now
followed by picking up your marbles and leaving. Grow up.

BTW, I could care less whether V4 gets merged or not as I am *not* a
developer.

Bob
--
Bob R. Taylor <brtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>