Re: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Accelerometer)

From: Alejandro Bonilla
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 13:49:51 EST

Paul Sladen wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

Yup, it's just doing port IO. Get a kernel debugger for windows like
softice and this will be trivial to RE.
READ_PORT_USHORT / WRITE_PORT_UCHAR / READ_PORT_UCHAR

There are 3 ports involved. The 0xed "non-existant delay port" and a pair
of ports that are through the Super-I/O / IDE. They are used in a
index+value setup similar to reading/writing the AT keyboard controller.

From what I remember, my conclusion was that these instructions were the
ones to park the heads and then lock the IDE bus. It's a couple of months
ago, but somewhere I have the simplified version of what it was doing...

-Paul

Paul, if you can find that information and Join us into the Project, then we will be very happy about it. I hope you still have your ThinkPad. ;-)

So, let me get this correct. The Super-I/O only sends the information or should we be reading the information of what the accelerometer is outputting?

The way I was thinking about it, is that you would only read from the accelerometer, and within the value that is read, you will park or not the heads depending on how sensitive the user specified the option on the driver.

.Alejandro