Re: [CFT:PATCH] 2/3: Check status of CTS when using flow control

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 18:39:24 EST

On Sunday 26 June 2005 18:37, Russell King wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 06:26:43PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 26 June 2005 18:17, Russell King wrote:
>> >Fix bugme #4712: read the CTS status and set hw_stopped if CTS
>> >is not active.
>> >
>> >Thanks to Stefan Wolff for spotting this problem.
>>
>> This one needs to make mainline & maybe, after 3 years, I can use
>> a pl2303 to talk to an old slow coco. Twould be very nice if that
>> fixed the lack of flow controls the connection apparently fails
>> from.
>
>Sorry, wasn't aware of the problem until recently. Reviewing the
>code reveals that this bug has existed through many many many kernel
>series. ;(

Yes it has, and I may have even posted about it, but that would be a
year plus back into ancient history Russell. You mention another
required patch also? Where might it be obtained?

>Have you been able to test it? You will need the first patch as
> well.
>
>(also, please remember I can't send you mail directly... still.)

I'm also getting bounces involving the address in the CC: line,
Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

While I can goto vz and add that address to the incoming whitelist, I
doubt that would do you any good. Looks like I need to bookmark that
page and start using it more often. Did I mention how bad vz sucks?
Unforch, only game in this neck of the appalacians (hell I can't even
spell it right), sorry.

Anyway, your domain name is now in the vz whitelist.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)