Re: [git patches] 2.6.x more net driver updates

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 09:57:44 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Please pull from the 'upstream' branch of
rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git

to obtain the various changes described in the attachment.

Or, if you wanted to be experimental, you could pull tag (not branch) 'upstream-20050627-1' of
rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git

to obtain the same changes.

I think I will start using tags for my submissions, which will eliminate an old problem with BK: After emailing a BitKeeper pull request to you, I had to stop pushing to the repo, until you pulled. With tags, I can keep on committing changes, without worrying that you are pulling from a moving target.

Jeff