Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 16:25:57 EST

On Monday 27 June 2005 15:54, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> >does the patch below make the kmail starvation go away?
>>
>> I put in the comment and its building now. I rather doubt its
>> going to make a huge diff though as its probably the single most
>> repeated bitch on the kmail lists, and has been for a long, very
>> long as in years, time. From hints dropped here and there, it
>> might finally be fixed with kde-3.5. But we'll give this a shot
>> nontheless. I'll add more after I reboot to test.
>
>ah, ok - so kmail behaves similarly on vanilla kernels too?

Yeaup...

> thought this might be some -RT-specific degradation.
>
> Ingo

As I just posted in another thread, with this boot I am now getting a
huge amount of almost strace like detail being output to VT1 from
kde's/kmails activities. VT1 being the console I did the startx
from. Could this be related to commenting out that line in sched.c?

Sorta new subject next.

Getting all that detail being output to VT1, is there any way I can
enlarge the VT's scrollback memory buffer? It's only about 2kb,
maybe less, less than 2 full screens full. I'm used to haveing about
a 10 meg scrollback buffer available for traceing purposes in an x
console. I'd appreciate the same length of scrollback for the VT's.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)