Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Vitaly Fertman
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 06:24:21 EST

On Friday 24 June 2005 03:57, Hans Reiser wrote:
> One, you were using V3 not V4.
>
> Two, this bug you mention is probably not an fs bug. rm first creates a
> list of names, and then removes them.

shell creates a list of names, rm simply handles the given set
of names and tries to remove a file twice if specified twice.

the problem could be in the shell, or what is more likely in patterns
that overlap each other, like in the example of 'rm *fu fi*'.
we should probably investigate a reproducable example.

> reiser@linux:~/scratch> touch fufu
> reiser@linux:~/scratch> touch fifu
> reiser@linux:~/scratch> rm *fu fi*
> rm: cannot remove `fifu': No such file or directory
>
> Your file either somehow got removed before rm got to it, or rm somehow
> got to it twice. Vitaly, can you look at the error handling by rm and
> see if it can get to things twice when it hits an error or if you can

once per every given name.

--
Thanks,
Vitaly Fertman