Re: IPSec Inbound Processing Basic Doubt

From: k8 s
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 12:26:02 EST

Hello,

> So far you are right with your assumptions, I hope my explanation just
> made it a bit clearer.

Yes. It was really nice organization of whole thing.

>The whole decapsulation is done in xfrm4_rcv_encap, except in case of
>nat-traversal, where udp_rcv comes into play.
>After the whole xfrm processing is done the packet is put back into the
>network stack as it would look like without being ever processed by IPSec
>(almost :-).

I have a doubt regarding nat-traversal. Let me first admit that I
don't have a perfect understanding of the NAT traversal concept. I
heard that IPSec is kept in a UDP packet and sent. How does the tx
side processing happen (the host from which the udp encapsulated ipsec
packet originated). The last call in the stackable destination is
ip_output() as you said.
How does it go back to udp(transport) layer in this case.

S.Kartikeyan
http://www.geocities.com/kartikeyans/