Re[2]: IPSec Inbound Processing Basic Doubt

From: Michael Becker
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 17:19:13 EST

Hello,

ks> Also can you please tell me what is dst_input() forloop meant for .
ks> Infact the code seems to match for dst_output() in terms of the
ks> NET_XMIT_BYPASS usage.
ks> Infact I saw that ip_rcv_finish() calls this dst_input() what purpose
ks> does it serve.

I assume most of the time or maybe always the for-loop reduces to a single
function call, either ip_forward or ip_local_deliver.
(see ip_route_input_slow, watch out for rth->u.dst.input = ...)

Maybe someone else can explain, if there are scenarios where more that
one dst input function comes into play or whether it was just done to
keep it analog to dst_output ...?

Best regards
Michael Becker

Hochschule Niederrhein - Krefeld, Germany