Re: [02/07] [SCSI] qla2xxx: Pull-down scsi-host-addition to followboard initialization.

From: James Bottomley
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 12:55:33 EST

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 10:08 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> this patch breaks 4 (it is bigger than 100
> lines, if fixes more than one thing, including one that doesn't bother
> people as far as I can see, and it has trivial fixes in it.) So I don't
> think I am actually splitting hair as you seemed to suggest. I know some
> of these rules were slightly reworded afterwards, but still.

Not according to my diffstat, it doesn't:

The basic rationale for this one is that it corrects a late spotted
error in a driver update that went into 2.6.12. Without this, the
qla2xxx driver crashes for numerous people on loading (linux-scsi has
all the bug reports). Since it's clearly a bug fix correcting a major
feature failure, that qualifies it for -stable. The two code cleanup
corrections look trivial and not worth delaying this over (also, as has
been pointed out, they make it identical with the patch applied upstream
of 2.6.12, so there wouldn't be any merge issues).

James